I started by taking the whole thing apart, throwing the lovely "starry night cloth sewing thingy" in the trash and choosing a paint color. I decided to go with the color Indian Turquoise because its very lovely. :) It took several coats of paint but covered the gold nicely.
(Everyting I used minus White Spray Paint and Duct Tape.)
I used hot glue to stick the fabric to the styrofoam like so...
And Waalaa, here is the front after I glued the fabric to the styrofoam.
My Husband cut down my wire netting to just the right size to fit the frame for me with wire cutters. Then, I sprayed both sides of the wire netting with wite spray paint to blend into the fabric a little better.